Toward the creation of a global and inspiring venture ecosystem in the Kansai region – Using EXPO 2025 OSAKA, KANSAI, JAPAN as a good opportunity
(Recognition of the current situation)
- The venture ecosystem in the Kansai region is being activated.
- Approximately 1,000 venture companies (including second start-up companies) in the seven prefectures※ in the Kansai region
- Eight innovative J-Startup companies
- Improvement of the venture development system, including an increase in the number of venture capital funds and accelerators
- Creation of a network organization for venture companies
- Participation of more than 40 companies in the Kansai region in “The Declaration of Startup Friendly Kansai”
- The venture ecosystem in the Kansai region is not well known, and does not have an international reputation.
- There will be good opportunities, including EXPO 2025 OSAKA, KANSAI, JAPAN and a large development project, “Osaka IR project,” to make the Kansai region more attractive and disseminate regional information to the world.
Create a region that provides convenience for entrepreneurs to conduct business activities and brings people new discoveries and excitement
Proposal(1) Work to make the Kansai region more attractive through international comparison and evaluation based on benchmark standards
Proposal (2) Actively attract venture companies and investors to the Kansai region from abroad
Proposal(3) Create a place for “verification” where venture companies can recognize business opportunities
Create a region that has outstanding characteristics not seen in other regions either at home or abroad in terms of specific technology, culture, and business
Proposal (4) Actively disseminate to the outside world research findings from universities and research institutions which are unique to the Kansai region
Proposal (5) Expand international events in areas where the Kansai region has a competitive advantage
Create a region where the venture ecosystem is open to the outside, where venture companies, supporters, and other ecosystem members are publicly announced, and which offers easy accessibility
Proposal (6) Improve information dissemination using social media
Proposal (7) Improve and enhance functions for putting research findings from universities and research institutions to practical use in society
Proposal (8) Promote the effective use of university assets and strengthen industry-academia collaboration
To use EXPO 2025 OSAKA, KANSAI, JAPAN as a good opportunity
It is necessary to use EXPO 2025 OSAKA, KANSAI, JAPAN as an opportunity to create a place for open innovation, promoting the participation of various bodies to resolve social issues and to ask the government’s advisory committee and other organizations without delay to leave such a place as a legacy.