The Declaration of Startup Friendly Kansai
【Proposal】 “Toward the realization of a seamless security system: What Japan should do to ensure the stability of East Asia in the face of the intensifying U.S.-China leadership competition”
In Memory of Dr. Ezra Vogel
Toward the creation of a global and inspiring venture ecosystem in the Kansai region – Using EXPO 2025 OSAKA, KANSAI, JAPAN as a good opportunity
WHAT ABOUT KANSAI KEIZAI DOYUKAI
Kansai Keizai Doyukai (Kansai Association of Corporate Executives) was founded in 1946 by the initiative of a group of young members of the business community in the Kansai region. It was just when the social, economic and industrial activities in the region and throughout the nation were still seriously plagued by the devastation immediately after the end of the World War II. Those young businessmen set themselves out of ruin and convulsion to advocate the cause of restoring and reconstructing the Japanese economy and putting its industrial and fiscal activities on a sound track for steady and sustained expansion and growth. Since its foundation, the Doyukai has maintained an incessant approach to address the serious discussions on major issues which give or may give impacts to individual business enterprises and the national economy.
One of the unique features of this organization is that its members, who are in most cases executive officers and board directors of business and industrial firms, do not represent in any way the interests of the enterprises and industries they are working for. Instead, they volunteer to participate in public discussions in the capacity of individual leaders in the business and industrial sector of the society and help to formulate recommendations on matters of social and economic concern of great importance. Through these voluntary processes, they try to look at things in a broader perspective and with gifted wisdom and insight so that they may uphold the principles of democratic free-enterprise economy. The Doyukai's efforts and activities usually result in the form of specific or public recommendations to the society, the population and the Government.
In order to conduct a variety of activities and action programs, the Doyukai sets up a number of committees, research groups and forums which are respectively responsible for investigation of problems, preparation for reports and other related functions. The Doyukai adopts their conclusions as arrived at after repeated discussions and reviews in these organized sessions, and releases them as its public statements. Records show that these statements have always been motivated by the member's deep sense of responsibility or accountability to the society. Therefore, the statements released from the Doyukai are very often termed and valued as much of insight or trend-setting, by the policy-makers in governments, industry, the media, academic and other segments of the community.
Another main area of the activities by the Doyukai is to promote the international exchange programs with political, business and financial leaders in the rest of the world. The programs include, for instance, exchange or study missions to other nations, international conferences or symposiums. As the role Japan can play in the global community will certainly become larger, the Doyukai's international programs are expected to be increasingly more important.
As most of its activities are rooted in the communities in and around Osaka and the Kansai region, the Doyukai has always continued and will continue to help stimulate and vitalize the economy in the region. A large number of varied proposals to promote region-wide projects have already been considered, planned, initiated and implemented.
In addition, the Doyukai makes it a point to maintain active and closer contacts with local governments, labor unions and organizations, and consumers groups.
The Doyukai is affiliated with a national network of similar committees throughout Japan, and collaborate closely with such organizations to meet common objectives. However, each of these Doyukai's implements its own programs independently and individually.
As outlined above, the Doyukai is, in short, a group of business leaders who meet in committees to propose, discuss, recommend and act. It is the organization's goal to strive to be open-minded and fresh and flexible-thinking as well as encouraging positive involvement for the society.
【General management/Activity support】
- Council on National Policies
- Committee on Research and Planning
- Council for Partnership between Associations of Corporate Executives
- Committee for International Exchange
- Committee for International Symposium and Forums
- Committee for Kansai Economic and Management Summit
- MICE and IR Study Group
- Support Committee on “Global TEKIJUKU”
- Support Committee for “Omizukumi Festival”
【Exchange a nd Mutual Study 】
- Members Fellowship Meetings
- Young Members’ Committee
- Committee on the Culinary Culture of Osaka
- Frontier Research Council
【Investigation, Recommendation and Implementation for Business Management 】
- Committee on Corporate Man agement
- Committee on SME Management
- Committee on DX Strategy
- Committee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Women’s Leadership Seminars
【Investigation, Recommendation and Implementation for the Development of the Nation and Regions】
- Committee on Economic and Fis cal Polic Policy
- Committee on Regional Revitalization
- Committee on Countermeasures to the Declining Birthrate
- CommiCommittee on SportSports
- Committee on Global City Competitiveness
- Committee on Disparities
- Committee on Education
- Committee on “EX PO 2 025 OSA KA, KANS KANSAI ”
- Committee for a Global Startup Ecosystem in Kansai
- Committee for Kansai Bridge Forum
- Committee on Green Transformation（GX）
- Committee for Wide Area Tourism
- Committee on Art and Culture
- Committee on National Sec urity
Executive Members As of June 30 , 2023
Co-Chairpersons [Representative Directors]:
- Mr. Keiji Kakumoto*
- Deputy Chairman of the Board
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Mr. Yoshiyuki Miyabe*
- Executive Vice President, Member of the Board, Corporate Representative in Tokyo
Panasonic Holdings Corporation
- Mr. Teruhiko Achikita
- Representative Director & CEO
Nankai Electric Railway Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Masahiro Imai
Senior Vice Representative for External Affairs
- Ms. Rieko Ueda
Mothernet Co., Ltd.
- Ms. Taeko Uemura
KYONAN SOUKO CO., LTD.
- Mr. Tatsuya Okahashi
- Deputy Chairman
Resona Bank, Ltd.
- Mr. Taisei Kondo
- Director, Executive Vice President
- Mr. Eiichi Sakamoto*
- Representative Member of the Board Senior Executive Vice President
NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE WEST CORPORATION
- Mr. Jun Sato
- President & CEO
Showa Marutsutsu Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Motomitsu Shirakawa
- Mr. Minoru Soutome
- Member of the Board of Directors, Deputy President Head of Japan Western Region
MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Mr. Koichi Takahashi*
- Senior Executive Officer
General Manager, Finance and Accounting Div.
Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- Mr. Toyonori Takahashi
- Executive Officer, Group Kansai Representative
- Mr. Kunihiro Tanaka
- Founder & CEO President
SAKURA internet Inc.
- Mr. Seiji Nagai*
- Senior Managing Executive Officer Head of Building Construction Division
Osaka Main Office, OBAYASHI CORPORATION
- Mr. Shigeo Hirose*
- Managing Director, Secretary General
Kansai Keizai Doyukai
- Ms. Junko Foley
Daidomon Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Mikio Matsumura*
- Senior Executive Vice President
The Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Mr. Seiji Manabe
- Senior Adviser
WEST JAPAN RAILWAY COMPANY
- Mr. Yuji Mikasa
- Director and Executive Vice President
Nippon Life Insurance Company
- Mr. Tadashi Miyagawa
- Executive Vice President
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Ryuichi Morotomi
- Mr. Nobuhiro Yoshida
- Managing Executive Officer General Manager for Japan Region General Manager, Kansai Office
KANSAI KEIZAI DOYUKAI
(Kansai Association of Corporate Executives) Nakanoshima Center Bldg.,
2-27, 6-chome, Nakanoshima, Kita-ku Osaka 530-6691 Japan