The Declaration of Startup Friendly Kansai
Toward the creation of a global and inspiring venture ecosystem in the Kansai region – Using EXPO 2025 OSAKA, KANSAI, JAPAN as a good opportunity
Creation of a Next-generation Society and Future of Capitalism
Corporate Art Collections – Stories of Pictures Told by Companies in Osaka
WHAT ABOUT KANSAI KEIZAI DOYUKAI
Kansai Keizai Doyukai (Kansai Association of Corporate Executives) was founded in 1946 by the initiative of a group of young members of the business community in the Kansai region. It was just when the social, economic and industrial activities in the region and throughout the nation were still seriously plagued by the devastation immediately after the end of the World War II. Those young businessmen set themselves out of ruin and convulsion to advocate the cause of restoring and reconstructing the Japanese economy and putting its industrial and fiscal activities on a sound track for steady and sustained expansion and growth. Since its foundation, the Doyukai has maintained an incessant approach to address the serious discussions on major issues which give or may give impacts to individual business enterprises and the national economy.
One of the unique features of this organization is that its members, who are in most cases executive officers and board directors of business and industrial firms, do not represent in any way the interests of the enterprises and industries they are working for. Instead, they volunteer to participate in public discussions in the capacity of individual leaders in the business and industrial sector of the society and help to formulate recommendations on matters of social and economic concern of great importance. Through these voluntary processes, they try to look at things in a broader perspective and with gifted wisdom and insight so that they may uphold the principles of democratic free-enterprise economy. The Doyukai's efforts and activities usually result in the form of specific or public recommendations to the society, the population and the Government.
In order to conduct a variety of activities and action programs, the Doyukai sets up a number of committees, research groups and forums which are respectively responsible for investigation of problems, preparation for reports and other related functions. The Doyukai adopts their conclusions as arrived at after repeated discussions and reviews in these organized sessions, and releases them as its public statements. Records show that these statements have always been motivated by the member's deep sense of responsibility or accountability to the society. Therefore, the statements released from the Doyukai are very often termed and valued as much of insight or trend-setting, by the policy-makers in governments, industry, the media, academic and other segments of the community.
Another main area of the activities by the Doyukai is to promote the international exchange programs with political, business and financial leaders in the rest of the world. The programs include, for instance, exchange or study missions to other nations, international conferences or symposiums. As the role Japan can play in the global community will certainly become larger, the Doyukai's international programs are expected to be increasingly more important.
As most of its activities are rooted in the communities in and around Osaka and the Kansai region, the Doyukai has always continued and will continue to help stimulate and vitalize the economy in the region. A large number of varied proposals to promote region-wide projects have already been considered, planned, initiated and implemented. In addition, the Doyukai makes it a point to maintain active and closer contacts with local governments, labor unions and organizations, and consumers groups.
The Doyukai is affiliated with a national network of similar committees throughout Japan, and collaborate closely with such organizations to meet common objectives. However, each of these Doyukai's implements its own programs independently and individually.
As outlined above, the Doyukai is, in short, a group of business leaders who meet in committees to propose, discuss, recommend and act. It is the organization's goal to strive to be open-minded and fresh and flexible-thinking as well as encouraging positive involvement for the society.
【Organization involved in economic activities and issues with the concerted efforts of Kansai Keizai Doyukai】
- Council on Policy Issues
- Committee on Research and Planning
- Partnership Council for Associations of Corporate Executives
- Preparatory Committee for the Members Fellowship Joint Meeting of the Associations of Corporate Executives in the Western Japan
【Committees mainly aimed at promoting policy proposals to the national and local governments and the action of companies and corporate managers】
Challenge “Focusing on practice and implementation to proceed to the next stage”
- Committee on Corporate Management
- Committee on Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Committee on Venture Ecosystem in Kansai-region
- Kansai Bridge Forum Promotion Committee
- Osaka Food Culture Committee
- Committee for the Value of Arts and Culture Design “Creating an attractive vision of the future in anticipation of further development”
- Kansai × Sports Committee
- “EXPO 2025 OSAKA, KANSAI”Committee
- MICE & IR Promotion Committee
- Kansai Re-designing Committee
- Committee for Designing 100-Year Life Base “Creating a foundation and environment that enables the realization of challenge and design goals”
- Digital Society Committee
- Kansai Resilience Committee
- Committee on National Security
- Committee on Economic Policy
- Decentralization Committee
- Overseas Exchange Committee
【Committees for Support and Implementation of Qualified Projects】
- Kansai Region-wide Infrastructure Committee
- “Cyber Tekijuku” Support Committee
- Support Committee for Water-Drawing Festival
【Committees for Research on Identified Problems and Interaction between Members】
- Members Fellowship Meeting
- Management Seminar
- Young Members’ Association
Executive Members As of July 1, 2019
Co-Chairpersons [Representative Directors]:
- Mr. Hiroyuki Ikeda*
- Deputy Chairman
Resona Bank, Ltd.
- Mr. Hiroyuki Fukano*
- Senior Vice Representative for External Affairs
Representative for Kansai Business Community Relations
- Ms. Kyoco Ikoma Chief Executive Officer Proassist, Ltd.
- Mr. Ichiro Uehara
- Senior Executive Vice President
NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE WEST CORPORATION
- Ms. Taeko Uemura
KYONAN SOUKO CO., LTD.
- Ms. Kumiko Obino
Interact Japan Inc.
- Mr. Keiji Kakumoto*
- Director and Senior Managing Executive Officer
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Mr. Yoshifumi Kato
- Chairman & CEO
Keihan Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Atsushi Sasagawa
- Senior Managing Executive Officer
General Manager, Building Construction Division
Osaka Main Office Obayashi Corporation
- Mr. Jun Sato
- Chairman and CEO
Showa Marutsutsu Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Yusuke Saraya
Saraya Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Koichi Takahashi*
- Senior Executive Officer
General Manager, Finance and Accounting Div.
Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- Mr. Keiji Tanaka
- Managing Executive Officer
General Manager for Japan Region
General Manager, Kansai Office
- Mr. Muneya Taniguchi
- Senior Managing Executive Officer, Western Region of Japan
MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Mr. Masato Namba
- Director, Executive Vice President General Manager
- Mr. Shigeo Hirose*
- Managing Director, Secretary General
Kansai Keizai Doyukai
- Mr. Takeshi Furuichi
- Vice Chairman
Nippon Life Insurance Company
- Mr. Seiji Manabe
- Chairman of the Board of Directors
WEST JAPAN RAILWAY COMPANY
- Mr. Tadashi Miyagawa
- Executive Vice President
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Yoshiyuki Miyabe*
- Senior Managing Executive Officer
- Mr. Yasuhiro Yashima*
- Audit & Supervisory Board Member
The Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Mr. Tsuneo Wakabayashi
KANSAI KEIZAI DOYUKAI
(Kansai Association of Corporate Executives) Nakanoshima Center Bldg.,
2-27, 6-chome, Nakanoshima, Kita-ku Osaka 530-6691 Japan